Pages

Last Will & Testament of John N Dowdle

DOWDLE, John N.
Submitted by:
Tana
I John N. Dowdle considering the uncertainty of this mortal life and being of sound mind and memory, do make and publish this my last Will and Testament in manner and form following (that is to say)
First I will that all my just debts be paid, and secondly I give and bequeath all my real estate and all my personal estate, goods and chattels, of what kind and nature soever to my beloved wife Matilda A.Dowdle during her natural life and after her death the same to be divided between my children and grandchildren as follows:
First, to the children of my eldest daughter Rebecca Harrison (now deceased) names as follows William Harrison, Jefferson Harrison, Emma Luther, Zenobia Koonce, Margaret Harrison and James Harrison the sum of one hundred dollars to equally distributed between them. To my daughters Caroline Morris, Laura L. Bateman and to my son Thomas Dowdle one hundred dollars each, and to my daughter Harriet A.Gray the sum of Ten dollars and the remainder of my Estate Real and personal of every description to Joel S.Dowdle and I hereby appoint sole Executor of this my last Will and Testament my son Joel S.Dowdle hereby revoking all former wills made by me.
In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the 25th day of December in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Seventy Eight J.N.Dowdle seal
The above instrument was now here subscribed by J.N.Dowdle the testator in the presence of each of us; and was at the same time declared by him to be his last will and testament, and we at his request sign our names hereto as attesting witnesses. D.A. Jones Simeon McCowan.



If you have any wills or probates of your ancestors in Howard County you would like to share; please email me grady@whti.net. Please be sure to list the subject area "Howard County" so I will not overlook it by mistake. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment