Pages

Last Will & Testament of William B Ralls

RALLS, William B.
Submitted by:
Michael Ritter
Know all men by these presents, that I William B. Ralls in the County of Howard and State of Arkansas being in good health and disposing mind and memory do make and publish this my last Will and testament, hereby revoking all wills by me at any time heretofore made. 

I. I hereby constitute and appoint my son Benjamin Ralls my sole Executor of my last will, directing my said Executor to pay all my just and legal debts and funeral expenses and the legacies hereinafter given, out of my Estate. 
II. After the payment of my said debts and funeral expenses I give to each of my children - Sarah Briscoe, Martha Young, John Ralls, William Ralls, to the representatives of my deceased son Willis Ralls, to the representatives of my deceased daughter Mary Duggan, to the representatives of my deceased daughter Elizabeth Overturf, Benjamin Ralls, to the representatives of my deceased daughter Caroline Bryant, and Charles Ralls, the sum of Five Dollars, to be paid to each of them as soon after my decease as conveniently can be done. 
III. And for the payment of the legacies aforesaid, I give and devise to my said Executor all the personal property owned by me at my decease (Except my household furniture) and so much of my real estate as when sold by leave of the Court of Probate, will be sufficient in addition to the said personal estate herein given to pay the said legacies. 
IV. I devise to my wife Elizabeth Jane Ralls all my household furniture and all the residue of my personal property, also all the residue of my real estate as long as she shall remain unmarried and my widow, at her marriage or decease then to revert to my children (by said Elizabeth Jane Ralls) Rebecca Jones Ralls and Ellen Angeline Ralls, share and share alike Except a certain mule colt and the only one I own which I give to John Henry Gaston, the son of my present wife. In testimony whereof I hereto set my hand and publish and declare this to be my last will and testament in this 28th day of April A.D. 1879 William B. (his mark) Ralls Signed and published and delivered by the said William B. Ralls, as and for his last Will and testament in presence of us who in his presence and in the presence of each other and at his request have subscribed our names as Witnesses hereto. J.H. Anderson J.J. Stuart ------------------------------------------------------------------ Somewhat confusing- the first list of children were by his first marriage. He later married Elizabeth Jane Gilberth, who from a previous marriage had John Henry Gaston b 1867. Their three children were Rebecca, Ellen and Minerva (not listed- my line)


 If you have any wills or probates of your ancestors in Howard County you would like to share; please email me grady@whti.net. Please be sure to list the subject area "Howard County" so I will not overlook it by mistake. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment