Pages

Last Will & Testament of John Kesterson

Kesterson, John 4 Jun 1807 - 24 Jan 1877
Submitted by:
chrisw1940@hotmail.com
 
Will Written 3 Jan 1862 Will Proved 21 Feb 1877
Howard AR Book A Pg 19
"Know all men by these present that I John Kesterson being of sound and disposing mind and memory and being about to enter into the services of the Southern Confederacy and in view of the uncertainty of life and being anxious to dispose of my worldly goods do make and execute this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills by me made. 1st I consign my body to the dust from whence it came and my spirit to God who gave it. 2nd I hereby give and bequeath all my property both real and personal to my much beloved wife Malinda during her life and widowhood. 3rd it is my desire that after the death or marriage of my said wife that my personal property be they slaves or otherwise be equally divided share and share alike between all my sons living at the time of death or marriage of my said wife. 5th and lastly I hereby appoint my friend Anthony N Cole the executor of this my last will and testament. Given under my hand and seal the 8th day of January in presence of Henry C Price and Benjamin C Parken and each of them signed this instrument at the request of testator as subscribing witnesses."
State of Arkansas County of Howard. I, H C Pride (Price?)do solemnly swear that I am the H C Pride (Price?) whose name appears as the ?? and foregoing instrument as an attesting witness: That I was present at the time said instrument was executed and saw the testator John Kesterson sign his name. That the same was signed by said testator in my presence and in the presence of Benj. C Parken whose name also appears as an attesting witness on the 8th day of Jan 1862 to the best of my recollection at Paraclifta in Sevier AR and that at the time of executing said instrument the said testator declared the same to be his will and testament and myself and Benj. C Parken signed to same. Said testator was of sound mind and memory and above the age of 21 years and further that Benj. C Parken the other witness is since deceased. Subscribed and sworn 21 Feb 1877. State of Arkansas county of Howard - I Anthony Cole being duly sworn to dispose and say that I was present at the town of Prclifta in the County of Sevier and state aforesaid on the 3rd day of Jan 1862 and saw John Kesterson the testator in the ?? sign his name there and in the presence of myself, H C Pride (Price?) and B C Parken 29 Mar 1877.
Know all men by these Presents: that we Melinda Kesterson, Samuel Kesterson are held and firmly bound unto the State of Arkansas in the just and penal sum of twenty-five hundred dollars, for the payment whereof well and truly to be made, we bind ourselves, our heirs, executors, and administrators, firmly by these presents. Witness our hand at Center Point this 31st day of January 1876. The condition of the above obligation is such, that whereas the above bounder Melinda Kesterson and Samuel Kesterson were on the 31st of January 1877 appointed administrators of all and singular the goods and chattels, rights and credits of John Kesterson deceased, by the Howard County Probate Court....
This document was signed in the presence of Charles P. Kesterson William Kesterson Thomas J Kesterson and V. L. Kesterson, Masa H. Hearne, W. P. Stephens, Ennis Tollett, Annis Price. A Weaver, Samuel Kesterson (son)



If you have any wills or probates of your ancestors in Howard County you would like to share; please email me grady@whti.net. Please be sure to list the subject area "Howard County" so I will not overlook it by mistake. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment